Friday 20 April 2012

Filter










Filter Magazine
Design Pleks
“Filter is hybrid between a serious bookish journal and and a magazine and is in the format of 17×24 cm (our favorite standard format) and printed on both mat and glossy (Munken paper) paper in order to give the different features a different feel. Typefaces used are Dorian and Bau. We new there were going to be a hell of a lot of text for a magazine so we wanted a main body copy that would be highly readable yet interesting to look at in Display size. Dorian is so beautiful in big sizes and has a very nice calligraphic fell to it that we choose to interpretate as crafty quality that vouches for the quality of the content of the text. Bau with pre modernistic expression sits well with Dorian.”
Whilst I’m familiar with some of the bigger Danish design agencies and Danish designers that work in London (I know, that probably doesn’t count!) I’m sure there are plenty of medium to smaller sized studios out there pumping out fantastic work that I simply don’t know about. Well, in a bid to slowly change all that, after a routine session of “design hunting” (2 weeks ago) I came across Copenhagen based firm Pleks whose work, presentation and website pleasantly surprised me. And as you’d expect – I couldn’t settle for the size of the images on the site ;)
Thanks again to Mads for the images and the warm words. Please note: I was going to feature another project in this post but the images mysteriously disappeared, so whilst I try and salvage them, you’ll have to enjoy what you see here and on their site – I’m sure that won’t be too hard for you…



No comments:

Post a Comment