Tuesday 29 May 2012

OVERALL EVALUATION


Over all Evaluation

I feel like I have worked really hard this term and I don't think I could have made myself any more BUSY. but as for being PRODUCTIVE and EFFICIENT in what I was doing I can't say the same thing. I have been very busy working away but I don't really know doing what. 

- In relation to my statement 

' A concept driven investigation into branding and identity with a focus on the printed media' I think I have definitely worked under that umbrella statement but as the kind of briefs I thought i would be doing, a lot of them are quite different.  My collaborative project with a fashion student which was only supposed to be a side brief ended up 
being one of the briefs that I have the most deliverables for. My 16 frames brief, which is my other more significant brief was also an extension of a one day brief.  The sht magazine brief was originally going to be the D&AD typographic circle brief but then I remember that I really just want to do a lot of branding. 

One thing that I didn't do much of at all this module that I intended to do was illustrations. Although I think it would have been good to have done at least a brief which involved illustrations but I don't regret not having done any. 'I feel like I gave enough work in my portfolio to show that I can do illustrations and that I can apply it to a range of products.

I think what I'm really happy about this term is the concepts in each of project and I realised that my other strength may actually lie in with concepts and actually playing with words and creating  copy. 
Especially when I was designing my end of year show panels, I felt like all the things I wanted to show what how I played with words in a 'clever' and fun way.


-In terms of time management

As said I feel that I've worked really hard this term as I've done pretty much 10-12 hour days at uni everyday but I do feel like I haven't been as productive as I could have been. I aimed to work like how I worked in the last 2 weeks of the last module but for the entire time of the FMP module, but I just found it really hard to be as productive. 
When creating brand identities I tend to be very indecisive and end up spending an unnecessary amount of time designing the logo etc. which is also something that I did last time and still haven't learnt to not do it.  I think the longer I have the time to do something with 5 -6 different projects on the go, it was just really hard to manage my time and now how to do it so that I don't sick of my brief too quickly, this is why I found that the 1 day briefs were so essential. they were short briefs with a lot of limitations. being able to solve a problem quickly and have a solution that I enjoy looking at was really important. 

-Learning

I say this at the end of every module, but I have actually learnt so so much this module. more than any module I've worked on. and i think all the stuff I learnt this term are actually the things that are important in everyday dealing with clients/ briefs. First, I have actually worked with real life clients an not just a made up one which like everything i design anyway. I also created a lot more publications for this module that I actually was hoping for. I actually learnt  A LOT about pagination and that I absolutely hate it. Actually semi- knowing what I want to do, which became a lot clearer to me in this past term makes writing my own briefs and dictating it a lot easier that previous times. 

-The outcome.

I think my work's have been photographed quite well. A lot of the products I would say, do just look like mock up and still lack that send of ' professionalism' in them. However, there are certain limitations of the things you could actually make to the highest standard using the digital print and double sided sticky tape. I am happy with the overall outcome but I still feel like there was at least 3 things from each project that I wish I had done different or at least tried them. 
I like the fact that my outcomes for this module are all quite different in terms of deliverables and style. I know I have a style that I feel comfortable designing but I also wanted to show in my portfolio that I am still quite versatile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment